Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Look 6823 view A

***Edited to include Pics ***


Pattern Description: Misses Knit Dress with 4 different views

Pattern Sizing: 8-18


I ended up cutting the entire dress as a 14, did a FBA, and made adjustments in the waist during construction.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't really follow the instructions this go round since I had made this dress one time before. I only glanced at them for guidance on the collar.
I found the instructions to be good from my first dress.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This view went together with little trouble. I really like the collar on this version and think the color I used really makes it pop.


Fabric Used: Rust colored matte jersey from Denver fabric.




Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
I lengthened the bodice due to how high it was on my last version. Technically I only lengthened the bust area and forgot to do the same for the collar when I was cutting it out. I had to end up going back and sewing some scraps together to get the collar length right so I could cross it over. It looks ok but you can see the seam if you are standing close to me.















I also top stitched the collar which I think makes it lie down better. I shortened the length so it would hit just below the knee, and raised the back darts as well.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I think I'm done sewing this pattern although I may make view B if I find a fabric I like. I would recommend this to others. It goes together fairly quickly and it a good wardrobe builder.

Conclusion: A really solid pattern that you can make for any time of year.



Inside sleeve hem














Full view of sleeve




















No comments: