Thursday, July 24, 2008

McCalls 5576

So I wasn't completely useless this week. I finished McCalls 5576. I altered the pattern slightly to make a shirt for my sister which came out really nice. I wasn't able to take a pic before she left but I used a black and white retro print and a black contrasting fabric for the neck yolk and sleeve bands. She liked it which says a lot since she doesn't hesitate to turn her nose up and something in a heartbeat.

Anyway here is the dress I made. I didn't really make any changes to it except omitting the zipper. It was already short enough and with the material I didn't feel a FBA was necessary. The sleeves came out a little funky but I will admit I just kinda winged it on those so I'm not mad. Overall I think it cam out nice. I plan to make it again in a funky print for myself before retiring it. It's one of those dresses that screams 70's so I'll wear it while the trend is semi hot and then let it rest.






No comments: