Monday, September 14, 2009

It's not for me!

I finally have proof that I can and have sewn something for someone else. One of my best friends saw this version of simplicity 3803 and asked if I would make her one.



















She and I have pretty much the same measurements except she is a few inches taller than me so that is probably why I had no issues making something for her.


















The only differences in the two dresses were that I added a few more inches back to the skirt length to accommodate her height and cut the bodice a little higher for modesty. I wish I had a picture of her face when she opened the bag. I seriously thought she was going to start crying.



Bottom Line
Fabric: 3 yds @ $2.49/yd = $7.46
Zipper: $1.49
Look on her face: PRICELESS!


1 comment:

Sheila said...

Your friend is going to enjoy that dress... it came out great and love the print.