Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ready...Set...Go!

All of the fabrics for my mini-wardrobe/SWAP finally arrived and I have laid out my plan of action. I couldn't decided on what I wanted to sew first but after reading such favorable reviews Simplicity 2700 I am going to start there.
I am going to make the pants first since I can easily pair them with a white dress shirt that I already have. The vest shouldn't be too difficult either so hopefully I can finish them together and wear that outfit. The jacket will come later. It hasn't really started to cool off here so I am not in a big rush to make any jackets....although I have already cut and pinned V8480

Pic of fabric and china silk lining for the vest...


I bought this silk charmeuse polka dot fabric on impulse and had no idea what I was going to do with it. I then saw New Look 6831 and thought view D would be cute and nothing like Minnie Mouse (which is what this fabric reminds me of :-).




When I get around to making jackets I wanted to make simplicity 2810 in the grey pinstripe and another is this navy twill. I am thinking of making the navy with the shawl collar and the pinstripe in the pointed collar but we will see when I get to it.

I can't for anything get this picture to posted properly but is showing a picture of what I plan to line the navy jacket with. It's a light blue 'liquid satin' that I had leftover from some long ago project. The picture shows the right and wrong side as I am still debating on which I will make which.


Here is a picture of the sweater knit that I picked up from Fabric Depot while on vacation last month. I still haven't found a pattern that I like but I am thinking of using Vogue 8379 as a start. I saw a couple of reviews where people made it a top instead of a dress so I know it is do-able.
Here is the top that set this mission in motion...



















I finally finished Vogue 8574 to wear to my Soror's wedding today. I will post pics and a review after I recover from what I am sure will be a wild reception.

No comments: