Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Crochet Projects

Last week I mentioned how my sewing mojo was MIA, but that at least I had been crocheting some things. I figured I would post what I have been up to.

My DH tends to lose things-namely his glasses and winter hats. On a weekend retreat with my sorority, I needed to keep my hands busy on the drive up so I whipped him up some hats. That was less than two weeks ago and I currently can only find 1 of the 3 that I made him. Sign, I love that man though.

Here is the one in a burgundy yarn with a gray stripes.















Another I did was a reverse with the hat being gray and the stripes burgundy. The only difference is I made one large stripe instead of two smaller ones. The third was just like this one with the hat being black and the stripes in gray. The pattern was very easy and can be found here or here.

One of my Sorors is having a baby and as soon as she announced it I went into baby blanket mode. I started working on this super easy blanket. It's called Purely Square and it's free on Ravelry on the Lion Brand website.

















Because I didn't check the dye lot on my skeins of dark blue yarn, I of course picked up two that were completely off. If you look closely in the picture below, you can see the color difference.













I decided to finish off the blanket in white. It won't look like I had originally planned but it will still be cute so it's all good.















And finally when I feel up to it, I have been working on this Two-sided afghan. It's not that difficult but it is slow going. I goofed on the very first row and was too lazy to rip it out. I like it though and if I can figure out what I did, I plan to finish off the last row in the same manner. : )















P.S. Iamthisclose to being finish with my anniversary dress. Just need to put in the zipper and finish the hem, so a review will be coming very soon.

No comments: