Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Growing Pains

Last month was a roller coaster for me and my sewing but I definitely realize that it is all about quality and not quantity. I was nowhere near meeting my sewing goals for last month but the projects I did knock out were well done and I can really see that my skills are improving. While I was only motivated/inspired to sew a little here and there, I was able to crank out a couple of quality pieces.

I am a self taught seamstress and I will be the first to say I have come a loooooong way, lol. Everything from fabric choices to technique have improved over the past 2 1/2 years and I no longer feel guilty when I splurge on fabric.

Some of you may be wondering about the titles of my posts as of late. I've started to have music playing in the background while I am sewing. I just pick a station and let it go. Inevitably there is a song that sticks in my head and so that song becomes the title of the post once I am finished sewing. It's a bit random but it makes me giggle.

Anyway I plan to continue working on a few things here and there this month-namely my jacket. I'm also planning to make simplicity 2801 or 2947. Either will be appropriate for the evening wedding we are attending later this month. Maybe I will finally get to wear that caplet I made last year.



No comments: