Monday, March 22, 2010

What's Black White and Red all over?

Pattern Description: Simplicity 2732-Misses' Blouses in two lengths with cup sizes B, C, and D
front view

Pattern Sizing: Available in 6-24.

I made view C with a D cup

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very.

bodice closeup

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked not having to do a FBA since the pattern includes pieces for B, C, and D cup. This pattern took about 3-4 hours to construct which was a definite like. The darts and sleeve pleats were a little time consuming but help give a nice fitted shape. The cuffs fit me just right but you may need to make an adjustment if you have small or large biceps. The shirt ended up being shorter than I had anticipated. I'm not sure how that happened but if/when I do make this again I will add at least 2 inches to the hem.
back view

Fabric Used: a black and white polka dot cotton

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't make any.
french seams on sleeve

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will likely sew this again in a solid color. I do recommend this to others.

Conclusion: Great blouse that is a quick sew and produces and a great piece.

Bottom Line:
Pattern: $1.99
Notions: thread and facing from stash; buttons
Fabric: 2 yds @ $2.85/yd= $5.570



Oh yeah and here's the red part....my shoes!
Kelly & Katie Whitney $20 at DSW


1 comment:

Shari said...

What a pretty blouse! Love your fabric choice. Cute shoes.