Friday, August 20, 2010

Bad Blogger but a Better Me

I know I have been a bad blogger but I want to thank my readers for sticking with me.  Life has been incredibly hectic and I haven't had much time for ME. I had reached a point where I was automatically saying YES everytime someone asked something of me and I was beginning to neglect everything in my life that really mattered. I had to sit down and make a list of everything going on in my life that I had committed myself to in some way, shape, or form.  Once finished I went back and crossed off about half of those things and said that I could not longer be involved because :

1) my committment was mainly on paper but I still felt an obligation to be involved which didn't make sense
or
2) I said I would help because I was worried I disappoint someone by not being invloved
 or
3)I couldn't remember why I said yes in the first place

I felt 20 times better and didn't have a single regret about the things I crossed off.  I then took 2 days off from work and went to the beach with my Mommy and Sister and had an awesome time.  I didn't get sunburned but I did managed to get a very incomfortable heat rash on my abdomen.  The perks of wearing a bikini for the first time in 20 years, lol. 

Since I recommitted to focusing on myself and my family I have felt a lot better, my regular workouts have returned, and I am being there for those who I know it matters most to. 

I am blessed to say that I was there for my Mother when she needed something and didn't hestitate to give her my 2008 Altima when her car put her down (I upgraded to a 2010) and the Husband and I are jetting off to Puerto Rico in 83 days!

Oh and I even started working on simplicity 2927.  After getting some work done on it, I realized that it will way too snug in the hips and of course I don't have enough fabric to recut the whole thing.  I'm pondering adding a side panel to either side to give the extra room that I will need.  I think it will work but all I can do is try.  I will post pics this weekend whether it works or not.

Happy Friday!


No comments: