Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Speed Racer-Butterick 5248

I called this pattern speed racer because it went together in about an hour-if that

I apologize now for the not so great self portraits taken in the bathroom.  I wore this piece during a 5 hour flight to Las Vegas and remembered somewhere over Kentucky that I hadn't posted a review.

Pattern Description:
Butterick 5248 Misses mid-thigh length tunic with mock wrap fronts

Pattern Sizing: I cut a medium

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes and no but that's because I made some modifications.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Can't say that I followed the instructions but I'm sure they are fine.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Very easy and quick project.  No dislikes.

Fabric Used: a very lightweight knit

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: my sleeves are 3/4 length and I shorted the tunic (or at least I thought I did). I'm only 5'3 and I wanted to this to look like a top and not a dress.  The first time I wore it as a top but the second time as a dress and I like it much better that way so I am glad I didn't cut too much off.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? If I need some instant gratification I may whip this out again but I can't say for sure. I do recommend this to others as it went together in no time


Conclusion: Simple easy pattern that made it quick to add another piece to my wardrobe

Bottom Line:

Fabric: 2 yds @ $2.99/yd
Notions: Thread and facing from my stash
Total:$5.98

No comments: