Friday, October 31, 2008

TGIF

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I'm very excited since this is the first year that we've been in the house and will likely have kiddies come by for treats. (It isn't as fun in DC, trust me.) So anywho Hubby and I plan to curl up on the couch in our sweats and watch the tube in between the kiddies and their costumes. We didn't do any decorating because I'm all about that 75% off sale in the days after. I figure next year we should be well prepared with respect to decor for all the holidays we celebrate.
At work we have been talking about how some holidays have changed over the years. I remember the innocence and fun that used to come with Halloween. Parents could send their kids out in the neighborhood all dressed up as their favorite characters and not have to worry about safety. These days you will be hard pressed to find a group of kids without an adult walking with them up to the door. Sad I tell you.
I'm not sure how much sewing I will get done this weekend as we are participating in the JDRF walk on Saturday in Raleigh and will most likely spend the remainder of the day visiting family. This week has been a mental drain so I may want to hold off on sewing so I don't goof anything up.
Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: