Friday, October 24, 2008

The Weekend

So this weekend I have some big plans. Not really but I like to make it sound exciting.

I'm having lunch with the ladies on Saturday and then I'm locking myself in my sewing room until football comes on Sunday afternoon. I've already cut out and pinned Butterick 5244, 4985, and Vogue 8021. I need to pick up some buttons for all of them and some matching thread for two. My plan is to finish 2 of the 3 which is pretty realistic. My 4985 top is nearly complete. I just have to put on the buttons and hem it which shouldn't take long. I need to completely sew the other two but since they are already pinned that should go pretty quickly as well. Once I get those three out of the way I've promised to finish the dress and jacket for my auntie. If I work on those a few hours each night next week then that should get done fairly quickly so she can pick it up next weekend.

Our next cruise is only 51 days away and I want to crank out a dress or two for that. We spend half the days at sea so I won't have to pack too much but I still want to dress up for dinner. My birthday is one of those nights and I have visions of wearing a red dress for my day. Nothing fancy but I'm thinking Butterick 5243 should be simple and classy enough for the occasion. Paired with my Vyxen shoes I plan on being fierce!

I'm going to make B5030 again in a matte jersey and then I will officially retire that pattern. I made enough maxi dresses over the summer that I'm covered for the rest of the nights. I have no major plans to make half my wardrobe like I did for the last cruise. Especially since I actually did make half of it and only wore half of that while we were gone.

On another note, I'm still planning to go vote early but I'm thinking I am going to do it one day next week. Our county is pretty small but I know most people will be lining up this weekend so I'm going to wait until the rush is over.

Have a great one and I'll post new pics on Monday.

No comments: