Sunday, October 26, 2008

Butterick 4985

So the weekend was semi-productive and I finished one project which was my Butterick 4985 top. Here is my review:

Pattern Description: Misses top with gathered upper front, lower section with princess seams, sleeve and collar variation.
Pattern Sizing: AA(6-8-10-12), EE(14-16-18-20) I made a 16 with alterations


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very. It is almost impossible to goof this pattern up, especially the sleeves.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I thought the pattern was great and I had no problems with it at all.

Fabric Used: Navy Rayon

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: FBA as usual. I started out making view B but decided at the last minute that I didn't like the collar so I omitted it all together. I just understiched the collar facing so it would lay flat and left it at that.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I do plan to sew it at least once more (I have to be careful not to end up with 5 or 6 of these) in view A for a holiday shirt but after that I think I may retire the pattern.

Conclusion: I would recommend this pattern. It went together very easy and is very flattering for many body shapes.


1 comment:

L said...

I think your shirt looks great! Can you describe the FBA you made? I have had problems fitting my bust and am interested in learning how others fit theirs.