Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History

Last night as I relaxed on the chaise, dressed in my blue lounge pants, long-sleeve Carolina tee, wrapped in a blanket, I watched as Charles Gibson declared: “Barack Obama will be the 44th president of the United States”. It was surreal. While I have hoped for the past year and half that this country would in fact elect a man named Barack Obama to the highest office in the land; to hear it stated as fact left me speechless. The tears came and I beamed with pride as I listened to President-elect Barack Obama speak. I went to sleep with joy in my heart and my mind at peace. To know that this country has sent a message around the world. I now have a renewed sense of faith and confidence in the fact that anything is possible. For that I am thankful.




No comments: