Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Health

Today I am thankful for my health. While I could stand to lose a few pounds, overall I am in good health. I can run up and down a flight of stairs without getting winded. I can walk across campus and see it as a leisurely stroll and not a daunting task. I have no major health issues such as diabetes or cancer and I am thankful for that. I was speaking with a friend the other day and she was telling about one of her co-workers who survived breast cancer. She talked about how every year during the month of October she wears pink EVERYDAY and how she rolls out a pink carpet at her home, and throws a huge thank you party for everyone who helped her while she was sick.
While I am thankful to be healthy I know that others are not so fortunate. It is inspiring to see the positive outlook they have. One should be as fortunate to wake up everyday, see life as a gift, and want to share it with others.

*I should note that there is a method behind the order in which I am posting things that I am thankful for. Yesterday I wrote about my mother. It was also the same day 39 years ago that her own mother, my grandmother, passed away. My mother was 20 months old and doesn't remember her mother so each and every day that I have with my own is a Blessing.

No comments: