Monday, November 3, 2008

Ramblings

So much to post and my fingers can't keep up with my racing mind. Saturday DH and I participated in the JDRF walk in Raleigh. It was the first time either of us had participated in this particular walk. It was a lot of fun and of course for a great cause. We spent the remainder of the day relaxing around the house and watching movies since it had been a pretty hectic week for both of us.

Sunday of course was football but none of the games really held my attention. I ended up wandering upstairs to do some sewing. I didn’t really make much progress on anything in particular as I jumped around and did a little on a few different projects. My anniversary dress-Butterick 5243 is basically done. I haven’t hemmed it yet and I’m wondering if I even will. The fabric is so soft and fluid that I honestly don’t think it needs it. I tried it on and couldn’t tell that it hadn’t been hemmed. So yeah basically that one is done.

My biggest issue in sewing this weekend was Butterick 5244. It took me awhile to get the pockets on and while I wasn’t completely happy with them it’s not the end of the world. My problem was with the neckline. I’m just not feeling the boat like collar and buttons and all that. It looks so cute on the envelope but on me, not so much. I was having doubts so I pinned it together and tried it on. I also noticed that my collar doesn’t meet in the center back like it should. It’s actually not even close. The ends stop near my shoulder blades. I’m thinking of finishing it anyway in hopes that maybe it will grow on me. That or it was just be a dress to wander around in since it’s not awful I just don’t love it. We shall see.

I’ve also been scanning a number of blogs today and kept running across a common post. A number of bloggers are going to post daily one thing that they are thankful for. I wish I could remember where I saw it but alas my brain has long since left that behind. So I too am jumping on that bandwagon to post about things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my Family.

Today my Mother is the subject of my post. She was very young when I was born but she never fell for the stereotypes or gave into the labels others tried to put on her. She taught me to think for myself and to love other unconditionally. She is my rock just as the meaning of her name implies. She also was part of the reason that I wanted to sew. I remember as a child watching her sew and being so excited when a new outfit for my doll or a jumper for me would appear. I am still in awe of the fact that she made dresses for both her junior and senior prom. And yes I was around to see her off on both nights. She is such a talented and creative person and I have so much respect and admiration for her. I’ve told her on many occasions that if she weren’t my Mother, we would have been Sisters.















1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Family is such a wonderful thing!!