Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vogue 8379 view A

Pattern Description:
Wrap front dress has soft pleats, side tie, and sleeve variations


Pattern Sizing:
BB(8-10-12-14), FF(16-18-20-22) I cut a 14 since my fabric had some stretch to it and it fit great.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes! I'm very happy with the result.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes I didn't have any problems with them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This is a fantastic pattern-what's not to love about a wrap dress?!? I would caution about not shortening the bodice to much or you run the risk of it hitting you too high above your natural waist. I don't have much of a torso so it was a non-issue for me but it it is something to plan for.

Fabric Used: ITY floral jersey from denver fabrics

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I shortened the bodice. I didn't shorten the skirt as previous reviews mentioned that it was already on the short side. That and since I shortened the bodice I figured I probably didn't need to take any more length off the skirt. It hits me perfectly just at the knee and I'm 5'3.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I already have! It's a great pattern that is so addictive! You can make a wrap dress for every season and never get tired of it. I would highly recommend this to others. Seeing that it already has so many reviews on PR it looks like I'm behind the curve but still ; )

Conclusion: If you don't have this pattern yet GO GET IT!




rolled hem of sleeve










No comments: