Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Mission

If you didn't know by now I get easily sidetracked. My DH swears I have ADHD and usually I don't argue. At any rate I have been wanting a shirt dress for like 2 years now and have yet to find one that I am
a) willing to pay for
b) a pattern that achieves 80% of what I want in the dress
c) fabric that is worthy of said shirt dress

Alas I had almost given up and spent way too much money on the dress from NY & Co. I went to the store and just couldn't bring myself to buy it.
In the past week I have found a pattern in simplicity 2923 that comes highly recommended via PR. I don't know how I missed this one before but clearly I was looking too hard. The pattern obviously isn't exact but for my figure I feel it will be flattering.
I also snatched up the perfect fabric for $2.50 a yard! I was so excited I picked it up in 3 colors. Yeah I know I'm getting ahead of myself but whatever.
Yay, so now I'm waiting on my fabric to arrive. Of course it may be 2 months before I actually get to sewing on it but that's another post.







No comments: