Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fabric Depot

We just returned from our trip to the Pacific Northwest and while I enjoyed visiting the area, one of the highlights has to be my trip to Fabric Depot. My DH actually spotted the brochure when we were checking into our hotel and pointed it out to me. Because we didn't have much planned for our first day we were able to stop by. You should have seen me. I was walking around with saucer-like eyes and grinning like a cheshire cat. I vaguely recall DH saying don't go crazy in here. He was quite the tropper as he followed me around the store pushing a cart. At one point he just sat at the pattern table and took a nap. He perked up a little when he saw he wasn't the only Husband following his Wife around the fabric store. :-)



They have a HUGE selection of fabrics they are of very good quality. I controlled myself and only bought a cut of a sweater knit and some twill, as well as a couple of skeins of yarn but that was only because I wasn't sure how much I could squeeze into my luggage.
Not only was the selection huge, the quality great, on sale for 30%, but the staff was very helpful and friendly as well. I have since discovered that you can order online via their website. I will never look at Hancock and Joann's the same again.

No comments: