Monday, September 28, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


Imagine my surprise to find that I had been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks to Kelly at Sewtellme for the nomination.

If you are not familiar with the rules, it is basically that if I accept this award then I must tell you seven things that you don’t know about me and then I nominate seven other blogs to receive this award. Most of the blogs that I read have already received this award but I will still tell you seven things about me.

1. I have only been sewing for 2 years but I have fond memories of watching my mother sew when I was a little girl. I think perhaps it was only a matter of time before I picked up the craft. Although my Mother hadn't sewn anything in close to 20 years, I recently bought her her own sewing machine and she is slowly getting back into it as well.

2. I am well on my way to reaching my goal of sewing at least 50% of my wardrobe. I am thankful to have such a supportive Husband who doesn't bat an eye when fabric is delivered on a regular basis.

3. I am putting together a portfolio of my work, including some of my earliest pieces. It is humbling to see how far I have come in these two years.

4. I have known my Husband for over 10 years as we attended the same high school. We dated for 7 months before getting engaged and married a year after that.

5. I have literally been the same height of 5'2 since I was 8 years old and in the 3rd grade.

6. I have a vision wall-not a board but a WALL. Nearly 1/2 of a wall in my studio is dedicated to it. One section is for maintaining things like family, marriage, health, etc. and the rest for goals.

7. I recently joined Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. and being around my Sorors has motivated me to fully pursue my passion of sewing. More details to come about that later.

I'll update this post when I find some fellow bloggers who have not been nominated for this award yet. If you know of any please let me know.

No comments: