Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Butterick 5101

Pattern Description: Butterick Lifestyle Wardrobe Pattern with wrap front top, all-in-one sleeve, pleated collar extending into front neckline, side tie, sleeve length and hem variations.

front view

Pattern Sizing: XS-XL. I cut a L

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? As noted in previous review there are some errors in the instructions but if you follow the pattern pieces then you will be fine.

side view of loop and ties

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved how quickly this top went together. I think maybe 3 hours from start to finish including cutting.

Fabric Used: A thin sweater knit that I picked up from Fabric Depot over the summer
back view

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: My sleeve length in somewhere between the long and short sleeve but other than that I did not make any changes.
sleeve

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I do plan to sew this again and soon! I recommend this pattern.

Conclusion: Very simple pattern that went together with ease. I love that it is a wrap top and is not low cut. I will still need to wear a cami underneath but that is because the material is on the thin side.
close up of bodice

Bottom Line:
Pattern: .99
Fabric: 1 1/2 yds @ 5.99/yd
Notions: stash (thread)

Total: $12.97


No comments: