Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Look 6803 version 2

Pattern Description: Misses Knit Dress. I made view A which is the long-sleeved version
front view

Pattern Sizing: 8-18. I cut a 16 in the bust and then graded out about an inch or so in the hips just because this knit didn't have as much stretch as that from the previous version.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't actually use the instructions this go round but from previous experience the instructions were very clear and easy to follow. The instructions have you construct the front bodice and skirt then attach to the back before doing the neckline.
back view

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I have no dislikes with this pattern. It went together in just a couple of hours since there is a pretty simple dress to make. I also like the fact that you didn't have to worry about fitting in the sleeves. They fit perfectly with no basting needed.
close up of bodice (note the bust darts and gathers)

Fabric Used: A dark lavender jersey purchased from denver fabrics.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: None but the sleeves are a wee bit long on me so you may want to check that before attaching the bands at the end.

sleeve bands

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I am going to retire this pattern just because I have made it twice before and since there is nothing particularly unique about it I think that is plenty. I would recommend this to others as it provides instant gratification and is super comfy.

Conclusion: A very cute dress that I would certainly recommend because it was an easy and quick sew.

Bottom Line
Fabric 2 yds @ $4/yd=$8.00
Notions stash (thread only)
Total $8







No comments: