Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can hardly believe that 2009 has come and gone! While some beautiful things and some not so beautiful things happened in '09, I am looking forward to what 2010 has in store. This year promises to be exciting and full of new beginnings, not just for me but for many of those around me. My goal of sewing for others will certainly be met as I have been asked to make a prom dress, a flower girl dress, and a rehearsal dinner dress all which will be needed within weeks of one another! That just means I have to stay focused. While I have tried this before with mixed results, I will again start to set sewing deadlines for myself. Hopefully this will keep me from jumping around to various projects so much but we will see.

For the month of January 2010 I will finish the following:

Butterick 5242. I have made this before and while I said I wouldn't make again, I obviously changed my mind. I am on this knit dress/print fabric binge and immediately thought of this pattern. I've worn my original version so many times and it really is very comfortable. Since I have grown as a sewer since first making it, I have figured out to make the necessary adjustments to the bodice, etc. to get a better fit. I will make view B, but am already planning to take some of the volume out of the sleeves.



















Next is Butterick 5328. I have been planning on making this for time but was intimidated by the fit issues that some reviewers have had. I have decided to take the plunge and figure it out as I go. How else will I learn?



















Lastly for this month I want to make Vogue 8409. I found some fabulous snake print shoes that would really jazz up a LBD. I'm super excited about making this one.















Alright, that's what I am up to this month. What are your sewing plans?

No comments: