Wednesday, August 25, 2010

*Updated Simplicity 2927

Pattern Description:  Project Runway Inspired Misses Dress or Tunic.  I made the sleeveless tunic version.

Front view


Pattern Sizing:  Available in 4-20.  I originally cut a 14 but had to go back and add room in the hips so I'm not really sure what size it ended up being.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  I think so with the exception of my side panel.

Pocket

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes.  Very straight forward.  This pattern wasn't really complicated but the instructions don't jump around between views like some project runway patterns can.  It was easy to identify which view they were providing instructions for.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  No dislikes really.  I selected this pattern because I felt the neckline would compliment my broad shoulders.  I think I was right : )

Fabric Used:  A light blue/purple fabric from fabric dot com.  They described as chateau cotton poplin

Closeup of neckline

 
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:  As previously stated I had to go back and add a side panel to provide more room in the hips.

You can see in the pic below that I certainly needed some wiggle room.



Here you can see where I added a panel on either side to give the tunic a little flared shape that accommodate my hips.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I won't sew it again but I would recommend it to others.  It didn't take very long to construct and the end result was great.  I only wish I had made this earlier in the summer to get a few more wears out of it before the weather starts to cool off.

Conclusion:  Cute tunic from the Project Runway collection that produced a great result. 


I don't know why but I thought of Judy Jetson when I took this picture.

Bottom Line:
Pattern .99
Fabric-roughly 1 3/4/yds at $2.49/yd ~$4.35
Notions: thread, facing, hook and eye, and one button from my stash
                14" zipper-$1.39

Total: $6.73

1 comment:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Will we get to see you with it on??