Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pardon the Interruption

It's rare that I buy something off the rack these days.  I feel like I am finally coming into my own as a seamstress and am much more critical of the quality and construction of garments. I visited Macy's recently with a coupon in hand for 15% off sale and clearance items.  I wandered around the dress department for a while picking up some items and putting most of them back.  I was really excited when I saw a brown shirt dress with lots of potential.  That excitement quickly faded when I saw the price tag:

Yes you are reading that correctly

 I took a chance anyway and took it to the fitting room to see if I could see why it was priced at $148.  I fell in love with the fit, length, the fact that it was a shirt dress, came with a fabulous belt, and it had pockets.  As I prepared to put it back on the rack, I spotted a price scanner.  I wandered over just to see if it was marked down any.  Imagine my surprise when it scanned $32!  Waaaaaaaaaahooooooooooo!!!!  Plus I had a 15% off coupon, I literally ran to the register to check out.


Love the belt
blurry back view.  Can you see the pleats?
Pockets!     
Once I wear it I promise to post pics.  Now back to your regularly scheduled sewing.


1 comment:

Omega said...

Super cute dress, that was a good buy. Couldn't even make for that & with a belt too. Love it!