Monday, October 25, 2010

Another quickie

 Pattern Description:  Butterick 5255 Misses' Top And Sash

Pattern Sizing: Available in XS to XXL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  YesI decided not to make the sash as it would have gotten lost in the pattern and instead opted to wear a wide brown belt with the tunic.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Very

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  Really loved that it was a quick and easy sew.  From start to finish maybe 90 minutes and I was able to wear it on our recent trip to Vegas.  No dislikes at all.

Fabric Used:  A funky abstract stretch jersey knit in brown,orange, and cream.  I think I purchased in from fabric dot com

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:  None.  This pattern was so simple there was no need to make any changes.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I will likely make this again in a solid color fabric.

Conclusion:  Very easy garment to sew and I highly recommend it.  Love the result and it so comfortable to wear.  I'm still in a bit of a sewing funk but this certainly helped scratch the sewing itch.

Bottom Line:
Pattern: .99
Fabric: 2 yds @ $2.99/yd=$5.98
Notions: thread and bias tape from my stash
Total: $6.97

No comments: