Monday, December 17, 2012

Butterick 4865

Pattern Description:  Unlined raglan sleeve jacket with collar, sleeve, and length variations.  A,B,C have button closure; D has hook and eye closure and belt.  All views suggest shoulder pads which I omitted based on preference and fabric selection.

Pattern Sizing: Available in extra small to extra large.  I cut a large

Finished Jacket
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? On the outside yes, but I chose to line mine to get it a more polished look on the inside.

Front facing and lining

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  The project came together quickly and the instructions were fine.

Back lining
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked that it was an instant gratification project.  No dislikes

Fabric Used: A medium weight fleece for the jacket and a charmeuse for the lining

Hanging Loop and my label

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I added a couple of inches to the sleeves to make them full length.  I also opted to line the jacket as well as add a hanging loop.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I will sew this again since a family member has asked for one of their own.  I do recommend this to others as  it was an easy project that went together with no issues.

Conclusion: Very cute jacket that I can wear with jeans or slacks.  It cost a little more than I usually spend but I can see getting lots of wear out of it so it's fine.


Bottom Line:
Pattern: 2.99
Fabric:
Black Fleece-2 1/2 yds @ $4.97/yd= $12.43
Charmeuse-1 1/12 yds @ $1.99/yd=$2.99
Thread from my stash

TOTAL: $18.41













1 comment:

Joyce in NC said...

I have this pattern in my stash. You are motivating me to pull it out. All of your jackets are very nice.