Sunday, October 20, 2013

simplicity 1716

Pattern Description:  Misses knit mini-dress, tunic, or top that can be made with a front twist or draped neckline with five different sleeve variations.  I made view E which is the short sleeved draped neck top and I also added the ruching at the sides.


Pattern Sizing: 8-24, I cut a 14

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, I glanced at them before construction and referred to them quickly when doing the pleating at the shoulders.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I really like drape neck tops as they flatter me and this one was very easy to construct.  It went together quickly and with this pattern you can create a number of looks.  I didn't have any dislikes.

Fabric Used: A white mystery knit from my stash


Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I added the ruching at the sides but that was it

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I will probably sew this again in a darker color as it is a great wardrobe builder.

Conclusion: A very easy and well drafted pattern that went together quickly with no fuss.

Bottom Line:
Fabric: mystery knit from my stash that I don't remember buying.
Notions: Thread and elastic from my stash
TOTAL: $0



No comments: