Sunday, October 20, 2013

Vogue 8663


Front view with belt
Pattern Description: Fitted dress with pleated bodice, front neckline finished with bias tape, back zipper, flared skirt and stitched hems.

Pattern Sizing: Available in 6-22; I cut a 14 bodice and graded to a 16 for the skirt

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Back view (zipper omitted)

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Liked that it was an easy sew and the neckline made it look RTW

Closeup of neckline


Fabric Used: A teal colored single knit for the dress and a black crepe de chine for the lining.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Per my usual when sewing with knitted fabric, I omitted the zipper.  I also lined the dress due to the lightweight fabric I chose.  Lining did add to construction time but I am pleased with the end result.

View of inside with lining


View of lining at shoulder seam

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I won't sew it again but I would recommend it.

Conclusion: Instant gratification project that can be finished in a few short hours.

Bottom Line: $6.37
Fabric: 2yds Teal single knit @3.98 ea (-20% coupon)=$6.37
1.5 yds of black crepe de chine from my stash
Notions: Thread from my stash
TOTAL: $6.37



No comments: