Friday, December 5, 2008

Simplicity 3837

Pattern Description: Misses Knit Top with 6 different views

Pattern Sizing: 6-22

I cut a 14 midriff and 14/16 bodice.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes and no. I used the bodice from view C and midriff/back from view B and used the sleeves from a completely different pattern.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very, I'm not even sure I looked at them since this top was mix of different views. I've made this pattern two or three times before and found it to be very easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? There were no dislikes that I can recall. I like the fact that it is so easy and there are a number of different views to choose from. It is very easy to customize a top that really fits you.

Fabric Used: a lightweight floral knit from FFC

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: As noted I combined two different views to construct the top and used sleeves from another pattern. I also made an FBA. I ended up omitting the side gathering from view C just because I didn't feel it was necessary or could even be seen with the print I used.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I probably will sew this again in the future. This pattern is currently out of print but provides a so many pieces that you can make a number of different tops. I highly recommend this pattern because it is an easy sew with good directions, and very easy to customize.

Conclusion: A great pattern that I'm glad I have!




3 comments:

Olga said...

I love it! Very nice fabric!

Opal said...

Great top! Love the color.....

Faye Lewis said...

Nice top. I like your blog.