Monday, January 25, 2010

A Natural State of Me

I have been gradually cutting my hair since last spring. I had never really had short hair and I wanted a change. Somewhere along the road I started considering going natural. I have a few friends and sorors who have gone natural and they said it was one of the best decisions they made. I last relaxed around Thanksgiving of 2009 and knew in the back of my mind that was going to be the last time. I went in for a trim earlier this month and was tempted to chop it all off but I wasn't quite ready yet. Well last Friday on my lunch break I went to a local salon and chopped all my relaxed hair off. Oh it was so liberating and I haven't stopped smiling since! The stylist kept commenting on how calm I was. I told her I knew I was ready so why wait. As thick as my hair is I was not looking forward to transitioning and dealing with two different textures of crazy thick hair. Well without further ado here is the new do:

Have a fantastic week!

5 comments:

marysews said...

Your wash-n-wear hair is looking good!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I wish I had the nerve but my husband would kill me!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

You are a Nubian Diva!
Angela

Lynda said...

I love your hair!!!

Sew Shy said...

Beautiful! I chopped mine all off for the second time in Thanksgiving. It's so great to feel the warm water directly on my scalp each morning in the shower!