Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Simplicity 3628 take 2


Pattern Description: Misses lined jacket from the Threads Simplicity Collection.  I made a basic version of view B without the pocket flaps, cuffs, or embroidery stitching.



Pattern Sizing: Available in 8-24.  I cut a size 16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? 
Not exactly but that was because I omitted all of the design elements.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  I didn't use them this time around since I just made view C a few days ago.


Fabric Used: For the jacket I used a mystery navy blue fabric that I found in my stash.  I don't remember where it came from and can only guess at the contents.  For the lining I used a charmeuse that I stocked up on because it was so cheap and makes a great lining fabric for the jackets I've been working on.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: As mentioned above I omitted all of the design elements because I just wanted a basic suit jacket.  I thought about adding pockets but decided not to since the skirt I made already has pockets. Also I opted to only add one button to the jacket. 


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This makes my second time sewing this jacket so for now I plan to retire this pattern.  I do recommend it to others.


Conclusion: Really good jacket pattern that offers a number of options. 







No comments: