Monday, December 24, 2012

Simplicity 3628


Pattern Description: Misses lined jacket from the Threads Simplicity Collection.  I made view C with a mandarin collar, pocket flaps, and top stitching.


Pattern Sizing: Available in 8-24.  I cut a 16 with no alterations.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!!!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very straight forward instructions but be sure you are reading instructions on the correct view.  It does jump around a bit.  I did stray from them when attaching the lining because I prefer a different method.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I really liked all of the different options from sleeves to closures that this pattern offered.  The princess seams and overall fitted style of the jacket were also a plus.  Disliked there were no pockets.

Fabric Used: For the jacket I used a khaki twill that has been in my stash for at least two years.  For the lining I used a lightweight cotton blend that was given to me by a colleague.  I wasn't sure what to do with it at the time but it worked well for this project.  The twill is nice and thick and I didn't want to add any more bulk or stiffness to the jacket so the cotton blend worked out great.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: No changes

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I do plan to sew this again and very soon.  It was slow going at first because of all of the top stitching on the collar, pocket flaps, and sleeves but it all came together very nicely.   I do recommend this to others. 

Conclusion: Really good jacket pattern that offers a number of options.  If it had pockets it would be an A+.

Bottom Line:










1 comment:

Candice said...

I love this jacket, great work!