Thursday, December 27, 2012

Vogue 8633


Pattern Description: Close fitting dress, with lined bodice with darts, raised neckline with front slit, extended shoulders, back zipper.  Options for sleeveless, short-sleeved, straight, or flared skirt

I love how well this fabric draped

Pattern Sizing: Available in 6-22.  I cut a 16.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!!!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very.  I glanced at them but didn't really follow them once I started sewing.

Perfectly aligned seams



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?   The neckline and bodice darts really stand out on this pattern which I really like.  This pattern was well drafted and everything lined up beautifully.  No dislikes.

Love the neckline darts

Fabric Used: A cherry red double knit

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I omitted the zipper.  I also lined the bodice with a black crepe de chine from my stash.  The armscye was lower than I had anticipated but not a deal breaker.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I do plan to sew this again but using the straight skirt.  I also plan to line the bodice and skirt next time but that is due to the lightweight fabric I have selected.  I do recommend this to others.  It came together very quickly, and with the options, can be made to flatter nearly anyone.

Conclusion: I don't know what took me so long to make this pattern.  I purchased it shortly after it came out and the fabric store was having a pattern sale.  It sat in my bin for the longest but I am glad I finally made it and am very happy with the result.

Bottom Line:
Fabric: 2.5 yds @3.98ea (-20% off coupon)=$7.96
Lining: black crepe de chine from my stash
Thread from my stash

Total: $7.96



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dress is beautiful! Excellent work!