Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sew Simple A1738

Pattern Description: 

Pattern Sizing: available in 8-18.  I cut a 16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? No. My fleece is a medium weight and didn't fall like the fabric on the envelope.  This was fine with me as I liked the over sized collar/lapel look that resulted.


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  This is a beginner project and although I didn't read the instructions I am sure they are fine.  The illustrations were enough for me.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Liked that it was an instant gratification project.

Fabric Used: A medium weight fleece

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I made the sleeves full length. After wearing it once and securing the front with a broach, I decided to go back and add a button instead.  Looking back, I probably could have cut a size 14.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I would sew it again in a lighter fabric to get the cascade effect.  I would also make that version with 3/4 length sleeves or shorter.  I do recommend this to others.  It was an easy project that went together with no issues.

Conclusion:

Bottom Line:
Pattern: .97
Fabric: 2 1/4 yd @ $2.94/yd= $6.62
Thread, facing, and button from my stash

TOTAL: $7.59



No comments: